Difference between revisions of "Brigham Young University. Secondary Training School"

(Associated Units)
Line 19: Line 19:
 
==Associated Units==
 
==Associated Units==
  
Superior unit: [[subordinate to::Brigham Young University]]([[date::1922]]-[[date::1955]])
+
Superior unit: [[subordinate to::Brigham Young University]] ([[date::1922]]-[[date::1955]])
  
 
Superior unit: [[subordinate to::Brigham Young University. College of Education]] ([[date::1930]]-[[date::1955]])
 
Superior unit: [[subordinate to::Brigham Young University. College of Education]] ([[date::1930]]-[[date::1955]])

Revision as of 14:54, 22 July 2010

The Secondary Training School was organized in 1922. It served as a preparatory school for those in junior and senior high school, covering all grades after elementary school. Students enrolled in the training school had access to the University services, including the use of the libraries, gymnasiums, laboratories, shops, athletic fields, auditorium, etc. Principals included: William H. Boyle (1922-1926), A.C. Lambert (1926-1928), Edgar M. Jensen (1928-1936), G.L. Woolf (1936-1946), A. John Clarke (1946-1950), Wayne L. Sorenson (1950-1953). In 1955, the Secondary Training School was combined with the Elementary Training School and renamed the Laboratory School.

Description

Established: 1922

Abolished: 1955

Location: Provo, Utah (1922-1955)

Functions

insert functions

Assets and Administrative Structure

insert assets and administrative structure

Associated Units

Superior unit: Brigham Young University (1922-1955)

Superior unit: Brigham Young University. College of Education (1930-1955)

Later unit: Brigham Young University. Laboratory School (1955)

Associated unit: Brigham Young University. Elementary Training School (1922-1955)

Associated Archival Materials

insert associated archival materials

Sources

insert sources

Maintenance Information

Record ID:EAC-2010-00171

Creator:ARC