Difference between revisions of "Harold B. Lee Library. Computer Applications Dept."

Line 11: Line 11:
 
==Functions==
 
==Functions==
  
'''Insert description of functions here.'''
+
The Computer Applications Dept. was responsible for consulting and coordinating the implementation of procedures on the integrated library system and other computerized systems used in the library. It was also responsible for developing training for library staff and patrons in the use of computerized systems. The department invested a great deal of its resources in analyzing, locating, and resolving database problems and errors.
  
 
==Assets and Administrative Structure==
 
==Assets and Administrative Structure==

Revision as of 13:22, 4 October 2012

The Computer Applications Dept. was created in 1987. In 1994, Computer Applications Dept. was split into two areas and reported to the Library Information Systems Dept. It's only chair was Kayla Willey.

Description

Established: 1987

Abolished: 1994

Location: Provo, Utah (1987-1994)

Functions

The Computer Applications Dept. was responsible for consulting and coordinating the implementation of procedures on the integrated library system and other computerized systems used in the library. It was also responsible for developing training for library staff and patrons in the use of computerized systems. The department invested a great deal of its resources in analyzing, locating, and resolving database problems and errors.

Assets and Administrative Structure

The department was under the direction of a chairperson who reported to the head of the Collection Development Division from 1987-1989. In 1989, the dept. began reporting to the Technical Services Division.

Associated Units

Superior unit: Harold B. Lee Library. Collection Development Division (1987-1989)

Superior unit: Harold B. Lee Library. Technical Services Division (1989-1994)

Associated unit: Harold B. Lee Library. Library Automations and Systems (1992-1994)

Sources

UA 1015 "Harold B. Lee Library Cumulative Annual Report September 1, 1984 - August 31, 1988" Box 2, Fol. 1, p. 4 ("Computer Applications Dept. was created in fall of 1987 with the department head acting as a consultant and coordinator for the implementation of procedures on the integrated library system and other computerized systems used in the library. The department head also served as a key figure in developing training for library staff and patrons in the use of computerized systems. The department invested a great deal of its resources in analyzing, locating, and resolving database problems and errors.")

UA 1242 Harold B. Lee Library records, 1954-2003: box 53 (formerly in Collection Development Division, moved to Technical Services Division in 1989)

Maintenance Information

Record ID: EAC-2012-00059

Creator: ARC