Difference between revisions of "Harold B. Lee Library. Computer Applications Dept."

 
(8 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
Transferred from Collection Development Division to the Technical Services Division in 1989.
+
The Computer Applications Dept. was created in 1987. In 1994, Computer Applications Dept. was split into two areas and reported to the Library Information Systems Dept. Kayla Willey served as the chair for the entirety of the department's existence.
 
+
Chair: Kayla Willey (1988- )
+
 
+
may have merged with automations in 1991 annual reports from 1990/1991 school year say "Computer Applications/Automations Departments Annual Report" In the body of the reports, only "Automations" is mentioned
+
 
+
In 1994, Computer Applications Dept. was split into two areas and reported to Information Systems Dept.
+
 
+
==Variant names==
+
 
+
'''Insert variant names here.'''
+
  
 
==Description==
 
==Description==
  
Established: [[established in::date::?]]
+
Established: [[established in::date::1987]]
  
Abolished: [[abolished in::date::1995]]
+
Abolished: [[abolished in::date::1994]]
  
Location: [[location of::Provo, Utah]] ([[date::?]]-[[date::1995]])
+
Location: [[location of::Provo, Utah]] ([[date::1987]]-[[date::1994]])
  
 
==Functions==
 
==Functions==
  
'''Insert description of functions here.'''
+
The Computer Applications Dept. was responsible for consulting and coordinating the implementation of procedures on the integrated library system and other computerized systems used in the library. It was also responsible for developing training for library staff and patrons in the use of computerized systems. The department invested a great deal of its resources in analyzing, locating, and resolving database problems and errors.
  
 
==Assets and Administrative Structure==
 
==Assets and Administrative Structure==
  
'''Insert description of administrative structure here.'''
+
The department was under the direction of a chairperson who reported to the head of the Collection Development Division from 1987-1989. In 1989, the dept. began reporting to the Technical Services Division.
  
 
==Associated Units==
 
==Associated Units==
  
Superior unit: [[subordinate to::Harold B. Lee Library. Technical Services Division]] ([[date::1989]]-[[date::?]])
+
Superior unit: [[subordinate to::Harold B. Lee Library. Collection Development Division]] ([[date::1987]]-[[date::1989]])
  
Superior unit: [[subordinate to::Harold B. Lee Library. Collection Development Division]] ([[date::?]]-[[date::1989]])
+
Superior unit: [[subordinate to::Harold B. Lee Library. Technical Services Division]] ([[date::1989]]-[[date::1994]])
  
Later unit: [[later unit::Harold B. Lee Library. Library Information Systems]] ([[date::?]]-[[date::1995]])
+
Associated unit: [[associated with::Harold B. Lee Library. Library Automations and Systems]] ([[date::1992]]-[[date::1994]])
  
==Associated Archival Materials==
+
Later unit: [[later unit::Harold B. Lee Library. Library Information Systems Dept.]] ([[date::1994]])
  
'''Insert references to all associated materials here.'''
+
==Sources==
  
==Sources==
+
UA 1015 "Harold B. Lee Library Cumulative Annual Report September 1, 1984 - August 31, 1988" Box 2, Fol. 1, p. 4 ("Computer Applications Dept. was created in fall of 1987 with the department head acting as a consultant and coordinator for the implementation of procedures on the integrated library system and other computerized systems used in the library. The department head also served as a key figure in developing training for library staff and patrons in the use of computerized systems. The department invested a great deal of its resources in analyzing, locating, and resolving database problems and errors.")
 +
 
 +
UA 1242 Harold B. Lee Library records, 1954-2003: box 53 (formerly in Collection Development Division, moved to Technical Services Division in 1989)
  
Harold B. Lee Library records, 1954-2003: box 53 (Kayla Willey as chair, 1988- ; formerly in Collection Development Division, moved to Technical Services Division in 1989)
+
Phone call to Kayla Willey, Sept. 24, 2012: (Kayla Willey served as head for entire existence; explanation of relationship with OCDM and automations)
  
 
==Maintenance Information==
 
==Maintenance Information==
  
Record ID:  
+
Record ID: EAC-2012-00059
  
Creator: UPB
+
Creator: ARC

Latest revision as of 17:23, 16 October 2012

The Computer Applications Dept. was created in 1987. In 1994, Computer Applications Dept. was split into two areas and reported to the Library Information Systems Dept. Kayla Willey served as the chair for the entirety of the department's existence.

Description

Established: 1987

Abolished: 1994

Location: Provo, Utah (1987-1994)

Functions

The Computer Applications Dept. was responsible for consulting and coordinating the implementation of procedures on the integrated library system and other computerized systems used in the library. It was also responsible for developing training for library staff and patrons in the use of computerized systems. The department invested a great deal of its resources in analyzing, locating, and resolving database problems and errors.

Assets and Administrative Structure

The department was under the direction of a chairperson who reported to the head of the Collection Development Division from 1987-1989. In 1989, the dept. began reporting to the Technical Services Division.

Associated Units

Superior unit: Harold B. Lee Library. Collection Development Division (1987-1989)

Superior unit: Harold B. Lee Library. Technical Services Division (1989-1994)

Associated unit: Harold B. Lee Library. Library Automations and Systems (1992-1994)

Later unit: Harold B. Lee Library. Library Information Systems Dept. (1994)

Sources

UA 1015 "Harold B. Lee Library Cumulative Annual Report September 1, 1984 - August 31, 1988" Box 2, Fol. 1, p. 4 ("Computer Applications Dept. was created in fall of 1987 with the department head acting as a consultant and coordinator for the implementation of procedures on the integrated library system and other computerized systems used in the library. The department head also served as a key figure in developing training for library staff and patrons in the use of computerized systems. The department invested a great deal of its resources in analyzing, locating, and resolving database problems and errors.")

UA 1242 Harold B. Lee Library records, 1954-2003: box 53 (formerly in Collection Development Division, moved to Technical Services Division in 1989)

Phone call to Kayla Willey, Sept. 24, 2012: (Kayla Willey served as head for entire existence; explanation of relationship with OCDM and automations)

Maintenance Information

Record ID: EAC-2012-00059

Creator: ARC