Difference between revisions of "Brigham Young University. Extension Division"

(Sources)
(Maintenance Information)
Line 42: Line 42:
 
==Maintenance Information==
 
==Maintenance Information==
  
Record ID:  
+
Record ID: EAC-2009-00541
  
Creator: UPB
+
Creator: LFW

Revision as of 14:16, 24 November 2009

The Extension Division was established in 1921. In 1957 it was known as Adult Education and Extension Services and in 1966 became the Division of Continuing Education. Those who served as Acting Directors were: Thomas L. Broadbent (1943-1945, 1946-1947), Gerrit de Jong, Jr. (1945-1946), and Harold Glen Clark served as Director of the Extension from 1947-1957.

Variant names

Adult Education and Extension Services

Continuing Education

Description

Established: 1921

Abolished: 1957

Location: Provo, Utah (1921-1957)

Functions

The purpose of the Extension Division is to bring the educational services of the regular University day school to those who are not now receiving the. The Division was established in 1921. At that time its program combined publicity, off-campus programs, lectures, and community services with the more formal classroom offerings and credit courses both by correspondence and lecture.

Assets and Administrative Structure

The Extension Division was supervised by a director who reported to the president of the university.

Associated Units

Superior unit: Brigham Young University (1921-1957)

Later unit: Brigham Young University. Adult Education and Extension Services (1957)

Associated Archival Materials

Sources

Brigham Young University Annual Catalog, 1943-1944: p. 276 (Thomas L. Broadbent, acting director)

Brigham Young University Annual Catalog, 1945-1946: p. ?? (Gerrit de Jong, Jr., acting director)

Brigham Young University Annual Catalog, 1946-1947: p. 305 (Thomas L. Broadbent, acting director)

Brigham Young University Annual Catalog, 1947-1948: p. 304 (Harold Glen Clark, director)

Maintenance Information

Record ID: EAC-2009-00541

Creator: LFW