Difference between revisions of "Brigham Young University. Extension Division"

(Created page with ''''Insert administrative history here.''' ==Variant names== '''Insert variant names here.''' ==Description== Established: established in::date::1921 Abolished: [[abolish...')
 
Line 1: Line 1:
'''Insert administrative history here.'''
+
The Extension Division was established in 1921. In 1957 it was known as Adult Education and Extension Services and in 1966 became the Division of Continuing Education.  Those who served as Acting Directors were:  Thomas L. Broadbent (1943-1945, 1946-1947), Gerrit de Jong, Jr. (1945-1946), and Harold Glen Clark served as Director of the Extension from 1947-1957. 
  
 
==Variant names==
 
==Variant names==
  
'''Insert variant names here.'''
+
Adult Education and Extension Services
 +
 
 +
Continuing Education
  
 
==Description==
 
==Description==
Line 15: Line 17:
 
==Functions==
 
==Functions==
  
'''Insert description of functions here.'''
+
The purpose of the Extension Division is to bring the educational services of the regular University day school to those who are not now receiving the.  The Division was established in 1921.  At that time its program combined publicity, off-campus programs, lectures, and community services with the more formal classroom offerings and credit courses both by correspondence and lecture.
  
 
==Assets and Administrative Structure==
 
==Assets and Administrative Structure==
  
'''Insert description of administrative structure here.'''
+
The Extension Division was supervised by a director who reported to the president of the university.
 
+
 
==Associated Units==
 
==Associated Units==
  
 
Superior unit: [[subordinate to::Brigham Young University]] ([[date::1921]]-[[date::1957]])
 
Superior unit: [[subordinate to::Brigham Young University]] ([[date::1921]]-[[date::1957]])
 +
 +
Later unit: [[later to::Brigham Young University. Adult Education and Extension Services]] ([[date::1957]])
  
 
Subordinate unit:  
 
Subordinate unit:  

Revision as of 15:44, 23 November 2009

The Extension Division was established in 1921. In 1957 it was known as Adult Education and Extension Services and in 1966 became the Division of Continuing Education. Those who served as Acting Directors were: Thomas L. Broadbent (1943-1945, 1946-1947), Gerrit de Jong, Jr. (1945-1946), and Harold Glen Clark served as Director of the Extension from 1947-1957.

Variant names

Adult Education and Extension Services

Continuing Education

Description

Established: 1921

Abolished: 1957

Location: Provo, Utah (1921-1957)

Functions

The purpose of the Extension Division is to bring the educational services of the regular University day school to those who are not now receiving the. The Division was established in 1921. At that time its program combined publicity, off-campus programs, lectures, and community services with the more formal classroom offerings and credit courses both by correspondence and lecture.

Assets and Administrative Structure

The Extension Division was supervised by a director who reported to the president of the university.

Associated Units

Superior unit: Brigham Young University (1921-1957)

Later unit: Brigham Young University. Adult Education and Extension Services (1957)

Subordinate unit:

Associated Archival Materials

Insert references to all associated materials here.

Sources

Insert sources for all information given in the record here.

Maintenance Information

Record ID:

Creator: UPB