Difference between revisions of "Brigham Young University. Educational Media Services"

(Associated Units)
 
(No difference)

Latest revision as of 16:16, 17 November 2020

The Educational Media Services Department began in 1966 as a division of Communication Services, under the leadership of Director R. Irwin Goodman. J. Sterling Astin assumed the position of director in 1970 and continued until 1973 when the department was reorganized into a division of the Harold B. Lee Library under the same name.

Variant names

Educational Media Services

Description

Established: 1966

Abolished: 1973

Location: Provo, Utah (1966-)

Functions

The Educational Media Services Dept. oversaw Graphic Arts, Media Development and Marketing and Instructional Materials. It created visual teaching aids including maps, charts, graphs, and cartoons. It also provided audio and video equipment and support. These teaching aids were distributed on-campus, to other educational institutions, and throughout the Church.

Assets and Administrative Structure

A single director led the Educational Media Services Department. The director reported to the director of Communication Services.

Associated Units

Superior unit: Brigham Young University. Communication Services (1966-1972)

Later unit: Harold B. Lee Library. Educational Media Services (1973-1976)

Associated Archival Materials

Ben E. Lewis Records, 1950-1974. (UA 892)

Heber G. Wolsey Administrative Council Records, 1942-1980 (UA 917)

Sources

Brigham Young University Annual School Catalog, 1966-1968 p. 62, 466 (Start Communication Services; Darrel J. Monson, director. Includes:Educational Media. Educational Media over Graphic Arts, Media Development and Marketing and Instructional Materials. Provided/created visual aids including maps, charts, graphs, and cartoons, as well as audio and video (access to film library) support and equipment. These teaching aids were distributed on-campus, to other educational institutions and throughout the Church.)

Brigham Young University Telephone Directory, 1966-67 pg. 5 (Director: R. Irwin Goodman)

Brigham Young University Telephone Directory, 1970-71 pg. 15 (Director: J. Sterling Astin)

Brigham Young University Telephone Directory, 1973-74 pg. 13 (Put under the library)

Maintenance Information

Record ID: EAC-2011-00175

Creator: UPB