Brigham Young University. Dept. of Buildings and Grounds

Replaced by the Physical Plant Department in 1954, the Department of Buildings and Grounds was administered by superintendent Leland M. Perry at the time it was renamed.

Variant names

Brigham Young University. Department of Buildings and Grounds

Brigham Young University. Buildings and Grounds Dept.

Brigham Young University. Buildings and Grounds Department

Description

Established: ?
The date "?" was not understood.

Abolished: 1954

Location: Provo, Utah (?
The date "?" was not understood.
-1954)

Functions

The Department of Buildings and Grounds was responsible for the following: Installations, alterations, and maintenance of the campus communications systems, such as telephones, fire alarms, and the distribution of campus mail; custodial work in all campus buildings; landscaping, care and maintenance of all grounds, vacant lots, and other property owned by the University, including parking and campus police; maintenance, operation, alterations, and repair of all plumbing, heating, ventilating, and electrical systems on University property; mechanical shops operated by the University; carpenter shop and mill operated by the University (this did not include academic shops); maintenance, repair, alterations, and up-keep of all University-owned buildings; all new construction on University-owned property; a central warehouse and receiving department for the University; engineering, design and survey or inspection work pertaining to maintenance or new construction; perpetual inventory of all furniture and equipment of the University; custody, maintenance, and repair of all automotive and other mechanical equipment of the University; central key register and control for the entire University; finally, management and operation of Wymount Village.

Assets and Administrative Structure

Insert description of administrative structure here.

Associated Units

Superior unit: Brigham Young University (?
The date "?" was not understood.
-1954)

Later unit: Brigham Young University. Physical Plant Dept. (1954)

Associated Archival Materials

Insert references to all associated materials here.

Sources

Brigham Young University : a pictorial history, 2005: p. 184 (Dept. of Buildings and Grounds; renamed Physical Plant Dept. in 1954)

Brigham Young University, a history of the campus and the department of physical plant, 1875-1975: p. 60-61 (functions and subordinate units)

Maintenance Information

Record ID: EAC-2010-00160

Creator: UPB