Difference between revisions of "Brigham Young University. Dept. of Audio-Visual Communications"

(Created page with 'The Department of Audio-Visual Services was created in 1957 and was part of Adult Education and Extension Services. Those who served as department chairmen were: Clarence Tydall...')
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The Department of Audio-Visual Services was created in 1957 and was part of Adult Education and Extension Services. Those who served as department chairmen were:  Clarence Tydall (1957-1959) and Evan J. Memmott (acting chair, 1959-1960)In 1960 the name of the department was changed to Department of Audio-Visual Communications.
+
The Department of Audio-Visual Communications was created in 1960 and was part of Adult Education and Extension Services. Previously it was known as the Department of Audio-Visual ServicesThe department chairman was LeRoy L. Lindeman (1960-66).
  
 
==Description==
 
==Description==
  
Established: [[established in::date::1957]]
+
Established: [[established in::date::1960]]
  
Abolished: [[abolished in::date::1960]]
+
Abolished: [[abolished in::date::1966]]
  
Location: [[location of::Provo, Utah]] ([[date::1957]]-[[date::1960]])
+
Location: [[location of::Provo, Utah]] ([[date::1960]]-[[date::1966]])
  
 
==Functions==
 
==Functions==
  
To serve the departments of the University, the various Church organizations, the public schools and industry with the finest materials of instruction that can be obtained.  To provide more efficient and effective service the Audio-Visual Center has departmentalized its various functions into the following areas: film rental library, equipment rentals and services, graphic arts, tape recordings, and on-campus film classics programs.
+
The BYU Department of Audio-Visual Communication is one of the largest and most complete teaching materials centers in the nation.  Its purpose is to serve departments of the University, various church organizations, public schools, and industry with the finest materials for instruction that can be obtained.  They are divided into four main sections; namely: Circulation Section, Marketing Section, Production Section, and Selection and Utilization Section.
  
 
==Assets and Administrative Structure==
 
==Assets and Administrative Structure==
  
The Department of Audio-Visual Services was under the direction of a chairman who reported to the dean of Adult Education and Extension Services.
+
The Department of Audio-Visual Communications was under the direction of a chairman who reported to the dean of Adult Education and Extension Services.
  
 
==Associated Units==
 
==Associated Units==
  
Superior unit: [[subordinate to::Brigham Young University. Adult Education and Extension Services]] ([[date::1957]]-[[date::1960]])
+
Superior unit: [[subordinate to::Brigham Young University. Adult Education and Extension Services]] ([[date::1960]]-[[date::1966]])
  
Later unit: [[later unit::Brigham Young University. Dept. of Audio-Visual Communications]] ([[date::1960]])
+
Earlier unit: [[earlier unit::Brigham Young University. Dept. of Audio-Visual Services]] ([[date::1960]])
  
 
==Associated Archival Materials==
 
==Associated Archival Materials==
 
  
 
==Sources==  
 
==Sources==  
  
Brigham Young University Annual Catalog, 1957-1958: p. 374 (Clarence Tyndall, chair)
+
Brigham Young University Annual Catalog, 1960-1961: p. 418 (Changed to Dept. of Audio-Visual Communications; LeRoy L. Lindeman, Chair)  
 
+
Brigham Young University Annual Catalog, 1959-1960: p. 412 (Evan J. Memmott, acting chair)
+
 
+
Brigham Young University Annual Catalog, 1960-1961: p. 418 (Changed to Dept. of Audio-Visual Communications)  
+
  
 
==Maintenance Information==
 
==Maintenance Information==
  
Record ID: EAC-2009-00507
+
Record ID: EAC-2009-00508
  
 
Creator: LFW
 
Creator: LFW

Revision as of 14:41, 17 November 2009

The Department of Audio-Visual Communications was created in 1960 and was part of Adult Education and Extension Services. Previously it was known as the Department of Audio-Visual Services. The department chairman was LeRoy L. Lindeman (1960-66).

Description

Established: 1960

Abolished: 1966

Location: Provo, Utah (1960-1966)

Functions

The BYU Department of Audio-Visual Communication is one of the largest and most complete teaching materials centers in the nation. Its purpose is to serve departments of the University, various church organizations, public schools, and industry with the finest materials for instruction that can be obtained. They are divided into four main sections; namely: Circulation Section, Marketing Section, Production Section, and Selection and Utilization Section.

Assets and Administrative Structure

The Department of Audio-Visual Communications was under the direction of a chairman who reported to the dean of Adult Education and Extension Services.

Associated Units

Superior unit: Brigham Young University. Adult Education and Extension Services (1960-1966)

Earlier unit: Brigham Young University. Dept. of Audio-Visual Services (1960)

Associated Archival Materials

Sources

Brigham Young University Annual Catalog, 1960-1961: p. 418 (Changed to Dept. of Audio-Visual Communications; LeRoy L. Lindeman, Chair)

Maintenance Information

Record ID: EAC-2009-00508

Creator: LFW